Friday, March 1, 2013

Being Retired is Tiring

I have never been busier than since I have been Retired and not working a normal job. Don't get me wrong running a business is a job, but I allow an employee to do a majority of the work. I have gotten a lot of remodeling done and several other fix it/get to it finally kind of tasks. This has really reminded me that we as people are BUSY. Why are we so busy---We make ourselves busy; not productive, purposeful, focused, or intentional. We are just busy. What does that do for us other than find the very end of the internet while we are at work, or spend hours watching kitty cats make cute videos or some moron bust his face on a stunt. Okay, watching the morons is hard to say no to; but still we literally have all these things going on in our lives, yet we complain we don't have time to do what we really need to. Or better yet our need to list is on the list we are making for things to do.

I am as guilty as everyone else, but I believe I have had a very minute bit of insight.

Life is short, so live it with purpose. If you aren't sure what you are doing than you need to do something else. An example write a blog that no one reads and is much like a Doogie Howser episode ender; it's working for me.

Living life as best I can(most days)

-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment